Thursday, December 6, 2012

Time for an Epiphany?


 
 
At this moment I am listening to a child in our nursery school loudly chant: "I love you, I love you, I love you!" to another child who is giggling and delighting in the moment. What a reminder of Epiphany! The magi who visited our Lord communicated the same message with words,gifts and other adorations of the Christ child after making the long journey to meet him. And in some way I am certain the Christ child responded back to them, "I love you, too!"
 
Where do we journey to meet Jesus and show him our love? By attending worship? While on a mission trip? At the grocery store? All of these places are important. God calls us to demonstrate our love for Jesus in our words and deeds in every moment along our life journeys? In this new year, a wonderful resolution would be: "To love Jesus more and more each day by loving those in my life more and more each day." God is in our midst all around us. And yet we fail to see Jesus in one another most of the time.
 
Brandon Heath wrote an inspiring song: "Give Me Your Eyes." It beautifully repeats: "Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I've been missing, give me your love for humanity. Give me your arms for the broken-hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach. Give me your heart for the one's forgotten; give me your eyes so I can see."
 
Here is the "official" video recording of  "Give Me Your Eyes."
 
As an Epiphany gift to Jesus, let us become even closer to God by connecting with love to all we meet. See them through the eyes of Jesus and seek to find God in the people you meet along your life journey. Our Epiphany lectionary scripture reading guides us to do our part to "save the lives" of those in need: "For he delivers the needy when they call, the poor and those who have no helper. He has pity on the weak and the needy, and saves the lives of the needy, from oppression and violence. He redeems their life; and precious is their blood in his sight." (Psalm 72: 12-14)
 
What will you do this Epiphany 2013? Don't let it go by uncelebrated! Celebrate Epiphany by giving the gift of YOU to someone who needs a helper. Watch "Your Love" - and feel inspired to share this message wherever you are in 2013! Love YOU!
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment and then select an account option from the pulldown. If you don't have an account, select anonymous. Your post will appear within 2 business days.